Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ignorance is Bliss

Hi, I'm suddenly turned on again, along with this blog of mine.
Well, today is a very depressing day, you know... My proposals for Physics Extended Essays are all rejected. I am not sure if it is because they are not good enough, or is it because my supervisor's standard is too high, or even both. I do not know. I can never know. Who can? It's the same bottomless pit, again. How do you know anyway? My belief in maths' theory was broken too. I suddenly discovered an uncertainty when my friend asked my a question about the topic. I discovered how foolish I have been all this time, believing that I have mastered the subject. Silly me...

As you can see from the title of this post, "Ignorance is Bliss", I am going to talk about this famous saying. I was pondering over this statement during my depression induced by rejections from my physics Extended Essay supervisor. It was painful blow, I think. Anyway, back to my reflection on this statement. You are blissful when you ignore things that you should need to worry about. By ignoring these matters, you will believe that everything is going on well and you are in full control of everything. You will have peaceful mind when you make yourself believe that there is nothing to be worried about. So, ignorance gives rice to unawareness of things to worry about, which leads to peaceful mind. It's deception of your own mind. It works like those drugs that people sell for high prices. These drugs give the users bliss. So, truly, ignorance is bliss. Ignorance is peacefulness. For those that thinks that peacefulness is the same as happiness, then ignorance can also mean happiness.

If that is true, then I never actually bother to try to achieve happiness. I always worry about things, so as to ensure that I'm not left behind, to make sure that I'm aware of everything. So, I do not want to be ignorant, at all cost! That's me. I never want to achieve peacefulness, cos there is no such thing as peacefulness in this crazy world. There will never be peace, unless we choose to ignore things and create our virtual peacefulness. Or perhaps, this is the peace that people are talking about all this time. The ability to deceive yourself, to make yourself believe that things are going on the way it should be, this is probably what is required in order to achieve peace. Sigh... Then I shall say goodbye to peace. Peace is not for me, yet...

It's getting late, and I need to do some more things on the play, Hedda Gabler. I hate her the most, by the way. She deserves death for being so defiant for no apparent reason.

Good nite

WHAT IS WITH MOBILE ONE SINGAPORE!!! THEY SURE LIKE TO EXPLOIT THEIR CUSTOMERS, DON'T THEY?

No comments: