Saturday, September 6, 2008

Through the rain...

Today is probably the most happening day of the holiday. I was jogging for around 3 to 4 km just to get my bike which was parked in an unknown place due to the rain on the day before. It seems that the Gods/God have something against me riding my bicycle back to my hostel... Yeah, it rained again. This time, I am trapped at a small bus stop that barely sheltered me from the rain. Worse still it was so windy that I was completely wet after an hour or so under the 'shelter'.

So... Under the shelter, at first, I was alone and I cursed the skies (or Gods, sorry) for making me feel that They/He have something against me. Then a Malay couple came to seek shelter from the storm. It seemed that they did not bring a set of raincoat. I just smiled at them, and that is the first and last communication with them. Then came and Indian man, who was going to walk towards his safe haven. Alas, he was trapped too! I talked to him for some time (I must be out of my mind). He even showed me a Bollywood videos from his phone. I could do nothing other than trying to appreciate his video, and try to show my appreciation by asking some question and showing some awe. Yep, that's who I am anyway, the great pretender. Still, I find the encounter quite interesting. We don't know each other and yet we became 'friend'. I doubt I will ever see him again, though. Few Chinese men came too, but we did not talk much, or rather we ignored each other. At least I showed some kind of concern to the last Chinese guy under the 'shelter'.

It's kind of coincidental that all races were represented in that short occurence. I guess it's just a coincidence. Anyway... as the storm faded away and turned into a light rain, I decided to continue my journey. I thought that it was pointless to keep myself dry, thanks to the 'shelter'. So... under the rain... I went kind of berserk. It was a different sensation, you know. It was so freakin cold, and my visibility is greatly reduced thanks to the raindrops falling into my eyes (I thought I should have brought my swimming goggles along). It was refreshing, really. Then I visited a buddhist temple, a real buddhist temple with little or no influence of taoism. I was shocked to witness how families with cars offered to give others a ride to nearby MRT station. I thought, "At last, a scene of kindness in a crazy world". Then, as I saw the Buddha figure in the temple, I suddenly felt like thanking the Gods/God for allowing me to experience something new, so that I can learn from it. Other human beings are dying as I cursed the Gods/God for their/His lack of fairness towards me. I guess I was being selfish then. Bah... A natural human response to mishappenings. I'm human. I'm not about to get enlightenment. Still, as I reflect on ththose figures, I requested for Wisdom and Courage. The two things that i need the most currently. I could not request for more than that (like good grades for exam), it's just too raw, too selfish, and crude. Then I rode my bike back to my hostel, still under the light rain.

I am wondering if it is possible for one to die of exhaustion. Failed attempts to kill oneself by exhaustion will result in lower probability of dying of exhaustion in the future as the body become more conditioned to exhasution. Thus, if it is even possible to die of exhasution, one should do it once and for all. Random, huh?

Here I am now, in my room, trying to recall the occurences that happened a few hours ago. Thinking that no one will actually bother to read the whole post and comment on it, I am considering to stop. However, since there is a higher probability that visitors will read the last paragraph, I shall leave something to think about. For everything, give thanks. No matter how shitty it may be, be glad that you are not dying like those starving populace in Africa.

No comments: