Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just another day...

Well... This is just a post about another ordinary day with slight turbulence here and there. Today, my teacher left the class earlier than it should be, and she was not aware of it. Basically, the whole class agreed to let her be as they were all tired of the subject already. They all pleaded to me not to tell her that her lesson is not over yet, as I'm usually the one who acts as the 'model student'. Still, this occurrence makes me realise the fact that in our modern society, there is always conspiracy of the masses. If 95% of the members of the class agree to let her be deceived, then it shall be the case. Yes... Conspiracy of the masses. How about democracy system in governments all around the world? Sigh...

Besides, for every right thing that I fight for, I become more and more aware of my hypocritical self. By fighting for the right thing, am I not indirectly saying that I am always fighting for the right thing? Otherwise, I'm being biased and unreliable as I only fight for the right thing only when a certain conditions are met. Thus, assuming I'm not biased, I should be fighting for every single right thing in the world.

However, that is not the case. I'm a human being who is driven by emotions, thus I'm biased and unreliable to a certain degree towards different things. Being aware of the fact that I am biased and my actions are driven by passions, and still fighting for the right thing makes me a hypocrite, right? I am aware that I cannot fight for every single right thing. It is beyond my ability as a human being, yet I'm fighting for the right thing anyway. I can not even confirm if my action this time is not driven by passion. How ironic is that? This concept is hard to explain. I'm not even sure if I grasp it already.

The essence of the problem here is, do I have the right to fight for the right thing when I myself am not perfectly right?
Can someone who is not perfectly honest fight for honesty?
Can someone who is not perfectly just fight for justice?
Indeed, it is written... "Do not judge others, for you will be judged by God"
Still, if an imperfect being, knowing that he/she can not be completely perfect, can not fight for perfection, then who will fight for perfection?

I'll rephrase it again...

Does someone, who is aware that he/she can never be perfectly right, have the right to fight for righteousness?
If not, then who does? If no one can be perfectly right, then can perfect righteousness ever be reached?
Perhaps this is why perfection can never be reached. No one ever have the idea of perfection. Perfection is beyond our measure, beyond our understanding. Then what is the point for striving for perfection if no one can ever reach perfection?

Confusing...

Oh, the plan for coffee overdose failed. The caffeine content of the coffee served in the morning is just too low such that in order to achieve caffeine overdose, you'll have to gulp down at least 7 large cups of coffee. So... It's not possible.

I'm also wondering if anyone ever reads my post now that my blog and my identity is revealed to some people... To anyone who happens to read this post, comments will be greatly appreciated. Just leave a remark about my thoughts... "whatever..." will do if you don;t feel like thinking at all. i just want to know if anyone reads this post at all...

No comments: