Saturday, June 21, 2008

Failure... Failure....

Today was a total failure!
An utter defeat!

I have failed to fulfill my plan to study, thanks to some obscure online game.

It seems that success is not as easy as we usually think. Sigh...

Tomorrow is the last day of revision, I better use it well.

What is there to think about today?

I was reminiscing about my young self just now. Few years ago, someone robbed my family's house. He took a small TV and a radio. They do not seem to worth so much, but back then, my family was facing financial crisis. Those properties were precious to us, considering the fact that we are tight in our budget. So... Yeah... We all feel cheated...

I don't know why, but one day my dad told me that the thief came to him and admitted his crime. I believed my dad. However, now that I think about it again, I'm wondering if it is possible for a thief to come back to his/her victim to admit his crime. I actually doubt that such a thief exist. He must have a heightened sense of guilt, if he is to exist. So... I actually think that there is a possibility that my dad was lying to me, so that I will be able to forget about the event. It's just a possibility that he would do such a thing, knowing that I was young and naive.

It's just what parents like to do to manipulate the thoughts of their children. It can be both good and bad. It's good because the children will then be able to move on with their life without too much grudge towards the one who wronged them. It's bad because the children may find out about the truth in the future, and get their feelings hurt. I'm not bothered to find out about the thief though. Whether he really did what my dad told me or not, it does not really matter to me.

Sigh... I'm starting to think that this is just another meaningless post.

Implications? None... I just thought of that all of a sudden. Just a random thought...

No comments: